Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Hallelujah Diet

Author: George Malkmus

I was inspired to first buy this book to give to my ex-sister inlaw as a gift. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She's in remission right now. Thank God! The book is centered around eating foods in their most natural state so the body can absorb all the nutrients readily and effectively. The author believes that this is the best type of diet to help build healthy cells which is required when you have cancer cells growing in abundance. In addition, he also talks about juicing. Juicing is the best form of getting the nutrients into the cells rather than cooking which the heat can break down all the necessary byproducts. The book includes recipes of foods that he believes will help to recovery. By the way, this book is recommended for everyone; healthy or otherwise.

There were two books left on the shelf so I decided to buy one for myself. I love books about food. After reading this book, I was inspired to juice. I bought a Brevel machine. I love it. I lost ten pounds. Juicing is a lifestyle! You just have to adapt that attitude or it becomes a novelty.

I am by no means a Vegetarian. And my philosophy when it comes to food, or anything else for that matter? "Anything and everything in moderation". Life's too short, I like them all. And I will try anything once.

Happy Juicing! Let me know if you tried it!

No comments: